Back in 1959 Frank and Helena Bosworth moved to a smallholding site in Finedon Road, Burton Latimer along with their son John. The site had one greenhouse and one pre-fabricated bungalow.
In the 1970's the site was mainly used for agricultural and horticultural crops, including Tomatoes, Cut Flowers, Runner Beans, Strawberries and Raspberries, along with livestock such and Pigs, Chickens, Goats and Geese. John and Jill begin to sell produce on Kettering and Corby markets.
After Frank Bosworth passed away, John and his wife Jill take over the business.
During the 1980’s, agriculture on a small scale becomes more difficult, so horticulture became more relevant. Livestock disappeared and cut flower, vegetables, fruit and bedding plants were sold “at the farm gate”. The retail Nursery was established.
The cold frames are replaced by the first retail structure on site, a steel framed polythene clad structure to sell bedding plants from. Remarkably that structure is still there now and houses the coffee shop.
Around 20 years ago, after a remarkable winters work, taking down greenhouses, chicken sheds and pig stys and building Car Parking, Shops and Plant Areas, the new Garden Centre opens in the Spring
From those humble beginnings the business has grown to what is now Bosworth's Garden Centre